The Inventioneers are a group of young entrepreneurs inventing tomorrow’s solutions today! Their “why not’ philosophy has led to four provisional patents and one utility patent (pending). Their most recent invention, the SMARTwheel, has been featured on ABC’s Shark Tank and tested at the White House by President Barack Obama and U. S. Secretary of Transportation Ray La Hood.
As World Champions in the FIRST® LEGO League robotics competition, The Inventioneers are committed to promoting STEM education (Science, Technology Engineering and Math) to children and teens. In addition to inventing the SMARTwheel, their anti-distracted driving campaign includes their Don’t DUIT (Drive Under the Influence of Texting, Tweeting, Typing, Touchscreens, Takeout and Touch-up) program. Here’s their Public Service Announcement produced in 2009.
Distracted driving is killing more and more people each year – Texting, Tweeting, Typing, Touchscreens, Takeout and Touch-ups – Take your pick – They are all causing drivers to be unsafe on the roads. We created this Public Safety Announcement to raise awareness of this serious distracted driving danger.
The Inventioneers are young inventors striving to keep kids curious about science. We want them to capitalize on their creativity and genius so we created the Inventioneers Patent Scholarship Program to enable kids to learn about the patent process and file a patent application.
NH Inventors - Sign up to apply for The Inventioneers NH Patent ScholarshipApply Here
Some of the Inventioneers’ achievements:
- Exhibitors, First Annual RoboExpo, Nashua, NH 2011
- Designers, Camp DaVinci Young Inventors’ Program 2011
- Featured in Popular Mechanics online article, April 2011
- New Hampshire Traffic Safety Conference, 2011
- Featured on Yahoo and Yahoo Finance, April 2011
- Featured on CNBC.com, April 2011
- Speakers, Lifesaver’s National Transportation Safety Conference, Phoenix, AZ 2011
- Judges, Applied Academy of Science Young Inventors’ Competition Concord, NH 2011
- Featured in New York Times online, February 2011
- Featured on the U.S. Secretary of Transportation’s Fast Lane blog, January 2011
- White House Science Fair Exhibitors 2010
- Inventors, the SMARTwheel Anti-Distracted Driving Device, 2010-
- Don’t DUIT – Distracted Driving Public Education Campaign creators, 2010-
- The Inventioneers Big Idea National Patent Scholarship Award creators, 2010-
- Partners/Organizers, Southern New Hampshire Montessori Academy Jr. FLL Exhibition 2010
- BAE Systems NH FLL Young Adult Mentors of the Year Award winners 2010
- Spirit of NH Award, Best Youth Volunteer Group in NH, 2010
- Allstate Foundation/National Organizations for Youth Safety 50 Best Award winners 2010
- NH State FIRST LEGO League Champions 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- FLL U.S. Open First Place Research Award 2009
- FLL World Festival First Place Research Award 2007
- NH State FLL Rookie Team of the Year 2004